How to clean wooden kitchen cabinets?
Wooden kitchen cabinets are prone to catching dust and grease, which is why they must be cleaned regularly. Dirty wooden cabinets throw off the aesthetics of your kitchen, making it look dull. We understand that preventing spillage and dripping is unavoidable, but keeping them clean is in our own hands.
Cleaning kitchen cabinets is easier than you might think. All it takes is any commercial cleaner and a couple of pieces of equipment to make it happen. Allow us to guide you through how you can clean your cabinets to make them look brand new.
What kind of material and cleaners are needed?
To start things off, you can use a cleaner from any available brand. Some ingredients can be used as a substitute if you can’t find one at your local supermarket. Ensure you have the following materials handy to make the task easier.
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Liquid dishwasher
- Soft fabric or sponge
- All-purpose vacuum
Without a cleaner, one can use Vinegar, commonly available in a household. It works exceptionally well on grease stains and is an eco-friendly alternative.
The preliminary cleaning process
In case of minor cleaning requirements, follow the process to get the best results.
- The first thing that anyone should do is empty the cabinet. You don’t want to clean it with your ingredients inside it.
- Use the vacuum cleaner with a preferable crevice attachment to clean off dry dust from the inside.
- In a spray bottle, Dilute the vinegar with some warm water. Now let it mix and then spray it on the surface of the wooden kitchen cabinet.
- Give it some time to settle so that the acidity can cut the grease molecules making it easier to clean.
- Now gently wipe it with a piece of cloth or a sponge to remove the residue and the grease.
How to remove the stubborn grime from a Wooden Cabinet?
Vinegar infused with some liquid dishwasher and water is an excellent way to remove stubborn grime from your wooden kitchen cabinets. The basics of cleaning kitchen cabinets are relatively simple. If you are aware of the procedure, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Always keep a soft wipe or sponge handy. They are a piece of essential equipment to wipe off the dirt from the cupboard exterior. For more stubborn grease and grime, more pressure is recommended to get the best cleaning.
- Door handles and drawer pulls also attract dirt which has to be wiped clean.
- A toothbrush dipped in the cleaning solution is useful for scrubbing small corners and areas where a sponge or wipes cannot reach. Using it on the crevices and around the hardware encircled by cabinets allows uniform cleaning.
- Keeping the insides clean is needed as grease can settle over time when neglected to destroy the interiors of the wooden cupboard.
- Use another piece of cleaning cloth dipped in water to remove the cleaner from the wooden surface.
- Finally, use a dry towel to clean off any excess water.
How to remove stains from a Wooden Cabinet?
Stains are a different issue when compared to the usual grease or grime. Food spills mostly leave marks on the wooden kitchen cabinets which makes them look hideous if not cleaned properly. Cleaning kitchen cabinets to remove stains takes more effort. The following are ways by which you can get rid of stubborn stains.
- A toothbrush is your best friend for the stain-cleaning adventure. Apply some toothpaste to the area and scrub it gently with the brush.
- One must not scrub too hard as the wooden kitchen cabinet can get easily scratched.
- Now, remove the paste with clean water and mop the area dry with a cloth or towel.
- Baking soda mixed with some water is an effective alternative for toothpaste to remove stains.
- Once again, soft brushes and soft scrubbing is important to not scrape the wood.
Wooden cupboards or cabinets should be properly protected not only from dirt but more from stains. One way to do that is by mixing vegetable oil and vinegar in a fifty-fifty ratio and then coating the outside layer with the solution. The coating will add a protective layer and make the wooden cabinet shine.
Visit IKC today to pick up an exquisite collection of wooden cabinets for your kitchen. We have dedicated interior design experts to bring life to your kitchen ideas.